Innovation Masterclass, June 24
Innovation Masterclass--Building a Culture of Innovation in a Hybrid World
A culture of innovation is a mindset held by every employee. This mindset is built by asking: What are simple ways we can create breakthrough ideas that can change the world? You can create this kind of culture by:
- Connecting innovation to your teams’ everyday jobs.
- Adding the principles of innovation to your teams’ expertise.
- Creating a process to turn new ideas into executable solutions.
- Need-finding – how do you find and develop new ideas for breakthrough innovations.
- Ideation – brainstorming the way you learned in school has been proven to be counterproductive. Learn key ideation methods proven to yield new, disruptive ideas and how your team can apply those methods.
- Prototyping – it’s not about post-its and tape! Prototyping, particularly in a virtual environment, is an excellent tool to explore ideas, test them, and learn new insights.
The class is 3 hours, structured in three 50-min sessions. Be prepared to actively participate, work in small groups (via breakout rooms), access online collaboration platforms, and more. To benefit from this masterclass, you will need a high-speed internet connection, access to internet sites beyond Zoom, notepad and your webcam/mic (turned on).
About our speaker:
Dr. Ricketts co-developed and teaches the popular innovation course in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) at Harvard where he is an Innovation Fellow. He has held appointments at Harvard, Carnegie Mellon, MIT and North Carolina State University. His cutting edge innovations have been features on CBS, Smithsonian and other national platforms.