Design & Manufacturing Forum - Sept 14
Toyota Quality Culture and Mindset - with lab tour
Presentation and tour at the at the Toyota Motor North America Headquarters
Speaker: Nate Moran, General Manager, Toyota Motor North America Quality | Quality Assurance Management
Toyota will share the key principles of their Quality Culture and Customer First Mindset promotion. Based on the Toyota Way, Toyota ensures Respect for People and Continuous Improvement are the foundation of everything they do. We will highlight the four stages of our main activities to implement our culture of teaching and learning across the organization. We will also visit the following lab areas:
- High Bay Vehicle investigation
- Airbag test
- Thermos exposure
- Environmental test
- Vibration and Hydraulic testing
- Analysis (SEMI, XRF,ION Mill, Gas Chromo, OES, optical part inspection)
- Metal Analysis and Optical Analysis
About the speaker:
- New Model Quality Assurance group responsible for the customer satisfaction of new North American production models,
- Quality Policy and Audit group responsible for Quality System implementation and effectiveness and
- Quality Control Management group responsible for Quality related IT systems development, Supplier quality policy, implementation of traceability and the liaison to the manufacturing company QC groups.
He was previously the Executive responsible for NA Quality Planning and Promotion, Field Quality Promotion and Quality Administration and Development. Prior to that, Moran was the Manager responsible for NA Quality Planning and Promotion and the Manager of the Material Quality – Metals and Electrical group. Prior to his senior management positions, Moran was an Assistant Manager in the Vehicle Quality group after joining Toyota in 2001 as a Specialist in the Component Reliability section responsible for component part and process quality assurance.
Moran earned a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Missouri University of Science and Technology.